During 14th-15th of June 2018, took place the Conference for launching of the project “Strategy and actions for preparation of the national participation in DANUBIUS-RI project “DANS” in Galaţi. Romania.
The event was organized by “Dunărea de Jos” University from Galați.
From the presentations held we retain:
• The DANS Project – The Romanian Contribution for DANUBIUS-RI – from concept to practice, presented by the Mrs. Dr. Manuela Elisabeta Sidoroff, General Director of INCDSB, project coordinator
• “DANUBIUS-RI – International Center for Advanced Studies for River – Sea Systems” – the European research of the distributed infrastructure project for interdisciplinary researches in river – sea systems on the ESFRI Roadmap (European Strategic Forum for Research Infrastructures) presented by the Dr. Adrian Stănică, General Director of INCD GeoEcoMar, project coordinator DANUBIUS-PP
• The history of the Romanian initiative dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of river-sea systems, presented by Academician Nicolae Panin, the Romanian Academy
• Murighiol Hub – The Central Core of the Distributed Infrastructure DANUBIUS-RI, presentation of the Dr. Manuela Elsabeta Sidoroff, INCDSB
• The Danube Delta Supersite – Concept and challenges on transposition into reality, presentation by the Dr. Gheorghe Viorel Ungureanu, INCD GeoEcoMar
• The Data Center – “The Brain” of the Distributed Infrastructure DANUBIUS-RI, presented by the Director. Adrian Istrate, “Dunărea de Jos” University from Galați
• The Danube Delta – Actual context. The Delta State, challenges, existing initiatives for the development and protection of the Danube Delta, Dr. Ing. Ion Năvodaru, INCDDD of Tulcea
After presentations followed discussions, workshops on activities. At the event was attended by more than 50 researchers from universities, national institutes, the Romanian Academy, representatives of the Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve Administration, as well as representatives of the local administration from Tulcea and Galați.